Sunday, June 15, 2008

The Host

I am currently reading The Host by Stephenie Meyer and so far I absolutely love this book! The premise of the book is that an alien parasite species has invaded earth. They have practically taken over except for some pockets of human resistance. The story takes place from the point of view of one of the aliens and it brings up so many interesting questions so far. What happens if the host body is successfully taken over, but the mind of the human refuses to leave? Is it possible for both species to coexist and even learn to love one another?

I have read the Twilight Series and I enjoyed them. I heard from a coworker that if you have any teenagers that you would not like this series. I was a teenager once and even though the books were a bit cheesy at times, I still really enjoyed them. However I do think that this book is definitely a step above those books. It is as if they were practice for the real thing. Stephenie Meyer really knows how to portray her characters well and through the eyes of those that are different from us she shows us what it really means to be human.

I am very interested to find out what happens at the end of the story. The great part is that you can see both sides of the story, so even though you naturally want to side with the humans, you can still understand things from the aliens point of view.

So I'll post more later when I finish the book!

1 comment:

Meet the Queen said...

I just finished reading this book. I really enjoyed this book far more than her twilight series. That's saying a lot considering the vampire lover that I am. We'll have to discuss once you are finished.