Friday, June 13, 2008

Boogers are Yucky!


We have a library book checked out right now called "Yummy, Yucky" by Leslie Patricelli that my two-year-old Jonah just loves. I may have to go buy this book because it is so hilarious. It says things like "Blueberries are yummy" and then "Blue Crayons are Yucky". The pictures are great too. Jonah especially loves the picture that goes with "Hot sauce is yucky".

This book teaches kids about taste, which is good. But at our house reading it had unintended consequences. At first we would read the book and Jonah would give me the right answers. Then he started to give me the wrong answers on purpose and then laugh about it. For example:

Me: Worms are...
Jonah: Yummy!
Me: Spaghetti is...
Jonah: Yucky!

Then one afternoon I was sitting on the swing while Jonah played in the sandbox. He came up to me and said "Sand!" Sure enough, his mouth was full of sand. Since this was actually on one of the pages in the book I said "Jonah! Sand is..." to which he responded "Yummy!" What a character!

No comments: