Friday, August 1, 2008

Sara's Potty

Potty training is going really well at our house! We were having a bit of resistance for a little while, so I went and checked out a bunch of books at the library. I think just looking at the books and seeing that going in the potty was "normal" helped Jonah. He now tells us when he needs to go and we have had almost no accidents.

One of our favorite books that we got from the library was called Sara's Potty by Harriet Ziefert. This is a lift-the-flap book that I really liked because it is very light-hearted and funny. The book asks if various animals sit on the potty and the answer is always, "No!". Jonah loves it when I ask the questions ("Does a giraffe sit on the potty?") and he gets to answer, "No, No! That's silly."

Then the book asks if Sara uses the potty and the answer is "not yet, Sara still wears diapers". Then it shows Sara a little bigger using the potty and then washing her hands afterwards. I think this is a fun book for potty training. I also found out that there is a version for little boys that uses different animals called "Max's potty". I think either book would work fine because it doesn't show any anotomical parts anyway (at least not in this version! oh.. except a rear end). In the end it shows Sara proudly wearing underwear.

This is a really cute book, which I would recomment to anyone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Try the towel potty training method!